Valuation is the act or process of determining the value of a business, business ownership interest, security, or intangible asset.
Establishing Fair Market Values
Valuations are at the core of ownership transfer, finance, insurance and taxes. Mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcy, and divorce all depend on accurate and objective assessment of value. Valuation is also essential in employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) purchases, gift and estate tax determination, financing and litigation support.
Objective and Comprehensive Valuations
Weltman Bernfield provides independent, objective and comprehensive valuation opinions for business enterprises, medical practices, debt and equity securities, intangible assets and more. Our practice group director, Larry Elisco, is Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. The ABV designation lends significant credibility when the IRS and judicial bodies scrutinize valuations.
Our Valuation and Analysis Services Include:
- Valuation of:
- Controlling and minority interests in partnerships, LLCs, and corporations for federal gift and estate tax purposes
- Limited partnership or other minority interests for sale to defective grantor trusts
- Partial interests in real estate
- Transaction and financing analysis for
- Buy-sell agreements
- Pricing, pre/post money valuations
- Merger and acquisition needs
- Divorce disputes
- Financial advisory services
The professionals at Weltman Bernfield welcome the opportunity to be an active partner in achieving your financial goals. Contact us for more information on how we can help.
Read more about Valuation services.