Accounting Services Department Head
“I pride myself in building relationships and retaining clients. That basic work ethic, combined with continually looking toward innovative technological advances, is what not only makes a relationship strong with your client but makes WB a successful firm as well. My goal is to make the business owner or taxpayer feel comfortable with all the choices they may have.”
Scott Crossley is the head of our Accounting Services Department. Scott has over twenty-five years experience serving his clients in all capacities. He is involved in almost every facet of accounting, taxation, estate and trust work, business planning and consulting across diverse industries for individual and corporate businesses.
Scott knows what challenges a client faces in order to thrive in a competitive arena, especially in the current economic climate. He uses a hands-on approach and creative problem-solving capabilities to provide financial accounting and consulting to closely-held, middle-market clients.
Scott resides in Buffalo Grove with his wife, Robin, and three sons. When he can find the time, he enjoys painting and music appreciation.
Specializations & Expertise:
- Tax planning
- Estate and trust work
- Business planning
- Closely-held, middle market clients
- Professional service corporations
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Manufacturing and construction businesses
- University academia and professionals
Memberships & Education:
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Iowa
- Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) from DePaul University
Community Involvement & Advisory Appointments:
- Board member for local organizations specializing in educational services