“Working at WB provides a perfect combination of my personal and professional work ethic. The firm attitude is teamwork and client service, which has always been my attitude. I love working with my clients and always strive to be extremely responsive and provide them with the service they need. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I have met and get to work with, my clients and colleagues”
Marlene Domash helps to oversee all aspects of the firm’s audit engagements, including heading up the Employee Benefit Plan audit practice area. She specializes in audit, accounting and tax services to privately held companies serving a wide range of industries. Marlene has worked with companies of all sizes, from start-ups to companies with more than $500 million in annual revenues.
In addition to her experience with audits, reviews, compilations and financial statement preparations, Marlene assists business owners with finance and accounting issues. She has assisted clients with international operations, acquisitions, divestitures, projections, financing, reviews of accounting control procedures and recommendations for improvement, along with agreed upon procedures work.
Prior to joining WB in 2009, Marlene was an Audit Director in the Chicago office of a national accounting firm for over 25 years.
Marlene has three sons and, when not attending their sporting events, enjoys spending time reading, walking and golfing.
Specializations & Expertise:
- Accounting, finance, and tax services to privately-held companies
- Audit, review, compilation, and financial statement preparation
- Internal operations, acquisitions, divestitures, projections, financing, reviews of accounting control procedures, recommendations for improvement, agreed upon procedures
- Financial services
Memberships & Education:
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Community Involvement & Advisory Appointments:
- Board of Directors for A Safe Place, Chair of the Finance Committee
- Board of Directors for Deerfield High School PTO
- Founding Board of Directors for K.I.D.S.S. for Kids, a funding auxiliary of Children’s Memorial Hospital
- Boards of other organizations